Telemedicine Now Available
Strictly limited to the following:
- Acute Emergency Room Follow-Up
- Acute Eye Problems
- ADD/ADHD Follow-Up
- Cold Symptoms (no asthma or wheezing)
- Diabetic Med Check
- Insect Bite
- Med Check
- Minor Skin Injuries (no burns or lacerations)
You can expect:
- Telemedicine is covered by most insurance companies. Medicare patients must be enrolled in Medicare’s Chronic Care Management (CCM) Program – ask your provider for more information about CCM.
- If you must return to the office within 48 hours, there is no charge for the return visit.
- Providers are expected to follow-up on outstanding issues discussed during the visit within 48 hours.
- Must have a patient portal account.
- Must be connected to WIFI or high speed Ethernet.
- Must have a computer with camera and microphone (smart devices soon!)
- The patient must be in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington DC at the time of the appointment.
- Patients may be asked to “show” the provider a photo ID to verify their identity.
To Access from your Computer:
- Log into your patient portal.
- Click on the link to start telemedicine.
- Answer a short questionnaire.
- Be prepared to show the provider your photo ID to confirm identity.
Coming Soon - Access through your Smart Device:
Download the Healow App
All MedPeds patients (whether diabetic or not) are encouraged to download the 'Healow' app on their mobile devices. Healow is the mobile device version of our patient portal, allowing patients to access their medical records, request referrals and refills, ask their provider a medical question and more. Best of all, once set up Healow requires only a 4-digit PIN to open.
Go to the Apple Store or Google Play and download the Healow app for you iPhone or Android device:
After you download the app for your mobile device, be sure to use the unique practice code "HAAAAA" to locate MedPeds.
Steps to Access Telemedicine from your smart device:
- Call 301-498-8880, and press option 6.
- Listen to the message fully - the message states approved conditions for telemedicine as well as technical requirements.
- Listen for the prompt and enter to be connected with our technical manager, Tiffany who will schedule your visit and confirm your email address.
- You will be sent an email with a link to install the app.
- Install the app from the emailed link.
- 15 minutes before appointment, log into the app and follow the screen prompts.
- Your provider will join the appointment and you will be able to see and hear each other.
- To prevent healthcare identity theft, your provider may ask you to display your photo ID if not already on file in your chart.